On February 12th following rapid ramp-up of fellow and company recruitment, InSITE’s Boston Chapter kicked off for the spring of 2013. Through the recruitment period we got to speak with many exceptional people and organizations leaving us even more excited about the Boston entrepreneurial ecosystem and the role InSITE can play in it. We settled on 25 fellows and 5 companies for our spring 2013 program. Thank you to everyone and every company that applied.
Our fellows come from different schools at Harvard and MIT. They have an amazingly deep and diverse breadth of professional experiences ranging from big data technology, consulting and investment banking to owning a fashion line, starting an education startup and being a field organizer on the Obama Campaign. Giving us a great team to draw upon in our goal of helping accelerate start-ups through their early-stage development.
The five companies that are working with our Boston fellows this spring are:
- Academic Room – provides a social platform connecting industry with academic experts within communities of practice—ranging from philosophy, history and economics to engineering, life sciences and medicine.
- Practically Green – engages people in making healthier and more sustainable choices by using the power of persuasive technology to drive real-life behavior change.
- Drync – enables consumers to purchase wines they lover on their mobile phone for home delivery.
- Momedx – provides the first fully customizable platform for creating interactive patient care protocols that doctors can give to their patients.
- GaggleAMP – provides social message amplification and lead generation by allowing companies to massively distribute their content and messages by creating a network of people (“Gaggle”) that share company content.
Thank you to every company that applied work with us.
We look forward to a great semester and helping build start-ups in Boston.
If your company is interested in working with InSITE, we’ll be opening up applications for the Fall Semester in late Spring/early summer at this link http://insiteny.org/value-to-companies/application-form/. In the meantime, feel free to contact Cristian Robiou (@cfrobiou14), VP of Company Sourcing, InSITE Boston.
This post was written by Gerry Pambo-Awich VP of Communications, InSITE Boston
Comments are closed.